Hickey Lipsticks cares for its customers and their privacy and we are committed to protecting it. Here we explain what information we collect about you, how we use it, and your rights.
What type of personal data do we collect about you?
- We collect personal data from you when you send it to us directly and or by using our Site. This information may contain:
- Data provided to us by you when you use our Site (such as: your name, contact details, gender, product reviews-if any, and any other information which you may add to your account profile);
- Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our Site (e.g. credit/debit card details and delivery information);
- Records of any interactions you may have had with us (e.g. you may have contacted our customer service team, or connected with us on social media);actions you may have had with us (e.g. you may have contacted our customer service team, or connected with us on social media);
- Information provided by you if you have entered a competition or took a part in a survey;
- Information collected automatically, through cookies and other tracking technologies (like: the pages you viewed and whether you clicked on a link in any of our email updates). Also, we may collect
- Any other information necessary to provide the Site, such as- we may access your location only after obtaining your consent.
Further, if you shop in one of our stores, we may combine information you give us in-store (e.g. if you shop with us or join our mailing list in-store) with the information above.
How do we use this personal data?
Depending on the way you use our Site, your interactions with us, and the permissions given by you, the purposes for which we use your personal data comprises of:
- To complete your order and maintain your online account.
- To manage and reply to any queries or complaints to our customer service team that you may have registered with us.
- To personalise the Site for you and display customized content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity.
- To improve and maintain the Site, and monitor its usage.
- E.g. for market research purpose, we may contact you for feedback about our products and services.
- To send you promotional marketing messages and display targeted advertising, wherever we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so.
- For security reasons, to examine fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
- Since the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and complete your order).
- As we have gained your consent (for example- where you contact us with a query, where you add additional information to your account profile, or if you agree to receive promotional messages from us).
- Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to learn more about our customers so as to offer the best products, services and customer experience. We use information about you to customize your view of the Site, to make it more interesting and regarding the products and offers on view
Our Site may allow you the option of adding extra information to your account profile. This could include: information about your body type, skin type, hair type, hair condition, training regime, performance goals, height and weight. We treat this information with special care & sensitivity, as we understand it can reveal information about your health or ethnicity, etc. You do not have to provide this information to us, and you have the option to delete it or update it whenever you like.
We love to stay in touch with our customers and so, depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your personal data to send you marketing messages by email, phone or post. Some of these messages may be customized for you, based on your previous browsing or shopping activity, and other information we hold about you.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us (or would like to opt back in!), you can change your preferences at any time by contacting us (details given below), by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email, or updating your settings in your account. If you unsubscribe from marketing, please note we may still contact you with service messages from time to time (e.g. order and delivery confirmations, and information about your legal rights).
You may also come across our Site on third party websites, including on social media. These ads may be tailored to you using cookies (which track your web activity, so as to enable us to serve ads to customers who have visited our Site). Where you see an ad on social media, this may be because we have engaged the social network to show ads to our customers, or users who match the demographic profile of our customers. In few cases, this may require sharing your email address with the social network. If you no longer want to see tailored ads, you have the option to change your cookie and privacy settings on your browser and the third party websites.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We share customers’ personal data with third parties only under the following circumstances:
- With other companies in our group of companies, as is necessary to operate the Site.
- With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery partners.
- With our professional and legal advisors.
- With third parties that are engaged in fraud prevention and detection.
- With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request.
Storage and Retention:
We use service providers based around the world. Accordingly, your personal data may be processed in countries outside of Europe. This may include countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the aforementioned purposes, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the time period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Further, where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
This Site ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the Site. This method involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorized access. This Site follows the same process and makes use of secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilized to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel.
Our Site is not intended for, and should not be used by, minors-children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 18.
You have certain rights regarding your personal data, including the right to access, portability, correct, and requesting the removal of your personal data.
You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
We will comply with any requests you have in order to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are a number of limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.